The history of book printing can be traced back hundreds of years ago to China,
where most scholars believe the process’ origins began. Since then, the process
of book printing has changed greatly into the advanced, high-quality service
that Instant Publisher uses today and makes available to professional and
amateur writers alike. Here, we will take a look back at a short timeline
illustrating the evolution of the all-important book printing process:
- Woodblock Printing
– 220 AD – The technique of woodblock printing incorporated blocks of wood that were carved with text, images or patterns and then covered with an ink or dye. Similar to stamps, the blocks were then pressed onto cloth and later on paper, to reveal the carved text or design. This technique began in East Asia and then spread to Roman Egypt and other areas of the Middle East in the 4th
- Movable Type Printing
– 1040 – The first ever movable type was documented in China and was created
out of porcelain. Every word was carved into a small piece of porcelain making
typesetting and printing itself more efficient.
- Printing Press -1450 – The famous German inventor Johannes Gutenberg created the Gutenberg press. This machine used movable type made from sturdy metal. The sturdier type material combined with the speed of the press machine made book printing faster than ever.
- Inkjet Printing
– 1976 – Jump to the 20th century and the invention of computers and you
will find that inkjet printing has become the popular method of book printing.
Both fast and inexpensive, inkjet printers create images or text by propelling
droplets of ink onto paper.
- Digital Printing
–1993 – Similar to inkjet printing, digital printing uses ink droplets to create
an image gained from a digital base like a computer. Digital printer is better
for larger job such as book printing because it can print faster and produce
more pages than smaller at-home inkjet printers. Since images and text can be
received digitally, this allows book publishing companies like us to produce
high-quality work for our customers all over the world.
InstantPublisher specializes in Print-on-Demand. They print product manuals, employee handbooks, and training manuals, and and all other types of printing services. After placing your order and printing your book, it’s time to market this possible “best seller.” Talk to many people to help market your book. Yes, Amazon and iTunes will probably sell multiple copies of your book, but exposure at book fairs (for example), starts your new network of people.
There are many book fairs coming to help sell your new novel. “Book Expos” or fairs offer great opportunities for authors to display their content, meet fellow authors, and hear insights from industry professionals. If you are pondering about attending or displaying your book at a book fair, here is a list of up-coming fairs.
NATIONAL BOOK FESTIVAL – September 24 – 25th
NATIONAL PRESS CLUB BOOK AND AUTHORS NIGHT – November 8th
BROOKLYN BOOK FESTIVAL – September 15 – 18th
THE 60th ANNUAL JEWISH BOOK FAIR – November 2 – 13th
Miami Book Fair International– November 13 – 20th
*** View all Book Fairs in U.S.=
USA Book Fairs
Read more about print-on-demand business printing.
Welcome to our new InstantPublisher blog.
InstantPublisher.com is a nationally recognized book-publishing company that has helped turn thousands of Authors’ dreams into reality over the past 10-years with quick affordable service and knowledgeable customer support representatives. With many different printing options to choose from and easy-to-follow, step- by-step instructions, there is no doubt why we are quickly becoming the #1 Book Publishing Service of today!
A few of the reasons InstantPublisher has been privileged to help so many authors be successful:
1. Fast Turnaround. Perfect bound B/W books with color cover shipped in as few
as 7-10 days.
2. Affordability. InstantPublisher simply cannot be beat in the short run book printing industry.
3. Ease of Use. With our easy-to-follow website tutorials on book setup and being able to accept all file formats, even rookie authors find it easy to self-publish with InstantPublisher!
4. Options. InstantPublisher offers a multitude of options to keep the savviest authors and designers satisfied. If you don’t see it listed on the website, just ask, because we can create a custom quote!
5. Customer Support. Once an InstantPublisher customer, always an InstantPublisher customer. We strive to help new authors self publish with InstantPublisher and make the file submission and order process as quick and painless as possible for veteran authors and designers who have very little time.
Visit our main website. Book Publisher helping authors self-publish